Complete Guide to Forms: 3 Templates

Welcome to the 3 Rings Community!

In this thread, you can ask questions and discuss the templates. If you ask a question, you’ll hear from me! Download the templates below.

The Video:

The Hiring Template:

The Creative Requests Template:

The Expense Reimbursements Template:

Hi, great video, thank you so much.
When I embed a Airtable list (one column only), there are Airtable conrols at the bottom and a cookie request ist shown as overly on the list. Anything i con do to prevent this?
The controls parameter is off in the embed string ( i use // instead of 1st “<” and last “>” ):

//iframe class=“airtable-embed” src=“https://airtable.com/embed/appnEXZK28NsYSILm/shrr9wPFopXaD9s8D?backgroundColor=tealLight&viewControls=on” frameborder=“0” onmousewheel=“” width=“100%” height=“533” style=“background: transparent; border: 1px solid #ccc;”></iframe\

Hi @frawidi , Unfortunately this seems to be a recent change that Airtable made and you are not alone in finding it frustrating. Here’s a quote that another user got from Airtable support (I’ll link the source below as well):

I’m sorry for any confusion here! This popup is actually part of standard embedded/public share link behavior as of now—it’s a feature that was implemented by our team not long ago and is still in its early stages of impact assessment. I cannot say that any changes are coming to address this behavior yet, but your feedback goes a long way toward that, so rest assured I’ve made this known to the team behind the prompt for consideration, and thank you for making it known to us.

If I have any updates on this I’ll be sure to write you back. It is worth noting two things here: if the user clicks to exit the popup, it should not appear again for a while, and if the user is logged into Airtable, the prompt will not appear at all. If either of these don’t work as intended let me know so that I can report it. Thanks again!

Here’s the thread where other users are talking about it, and where the above text came from. It’s probably useful to add your voice there so that Airtable knows this is something that you care about. Here’s the official cookie policy they’ve shared.

Hi @julianpost, I have a question about forms & duplicates.

I have a table with contacts / prospects. I have created a form so that I can easily add a new contact (email, name and some other information). I would like to know if there is a way to avoid the creation of duplicates based on the email adress.

In other words, if a contact is already in my database, and I open a new form, and I fill it with the same contact, same email adress, it will create a new entry and it will be a duplicate, I want to prevent that from happening.

I have a beginning of an idea that would rely on creating 2 forms. A first form just for the email address, I submit, then it triggers a new form that include the variable “email address” that I just submitted, using your tutorial “Use a form to update an existing record in Airtable”. If the email exists, I check if there is any information to update, if it doesn’t exists, then it creates a new record and I update the information. The problem is that the first form would still create a potential duplicate, and I have no idea how to link it with an existing record, if applicable.

Any idea on how to achieve my goal here?

It seems that there’s an app on the market that does it, https://miniextensions.com/, but if there’s an elegant way to do it without it, it would be nice.

Hi @JeremyS! Your method would definitely work. In order to avoid duplicates, I’d create a separate table for your first form, which just takes an email address. When that form is submitted, it would trigger a “find records” automation action that searches the main table for that email address, and then sends an update link if it finds the address OR creates a new record if it doesn’t find the email address.