Expense Reimbursements

Welcome to the 3 Rings Community!

In this thread, you can ask questions and discuss the inventory template. If you ask a question, you’ll hear from me! Download the template below.

The template:

The Video:

Don’t be shy… ask your question here!

Thanks for your work for this reimbursement system @julianpost! I’m tweaking it slightly and wonder if you can help? My client presents billable expenses to be reimbursed (I have that set as conditional = when an account is selected “reimburseable travel” they must select who it is “billable to” [choosing who to bill that expense to] and that works fine). My question is when that specific expense is to be billed to multiple entities, with a split (50/50, 20/80, 30/70, etc) — is there a way to “show” the “split percentage” only when more than one entity is selected in the “multiple select” field? Does this make sense? Should I be asking this somewhere else?

Hi @susan! To do this, I think you’d probably want to use multiple single select fields instead, with another field next to each that shows the split percentage. Otherwise, out of two entities, you won’t know who is 20% and who is 80%, for example. So you could have “Entity 1”, 20%, and “Entity 2”, 80%, and then a formula field for each that multiplies the total by the percentage. Does that sound like it would work?